11 May 2010

T.M.I

For those of you who want the "real" on the ground stories of the Peace Corps experience here is a book I found that I have NOT yet read but from the Amazaon "look inside" preview I have no doubt it's true. Even the chapter titles are already making me chuckle to myself and shake my head in agreement. 




Description:


Herein reside seventeen stories (and one poem) written by Peace Corps Volunteers from across the generations and across the planet. Such writing often brings expectations for a certain type of book (heartwarming, uplifting, nice). 


Many books give you that experience. 
And we like those books. 
They are good books. 
The world needs those books. 


This is not that book. 


Americans Do Their Business Abroad is a collection of stories a little too goofy, a little too personal (and maybe a little too gross) to belong anywhere else. Latrines. Goat eyeballs. Pickpockets. Whimsy. Wisdom. And arson in the name of hygiene. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment