27 May 2010

PST2


atención! 



PST2: Pre Service Training round 2

starts Monday May 31st (same day as my Gram's Birthday, Happy Bday Grams!) and goes until June 11th. 

This means I will be in hot and sticky San Vicente during this time and will once again have to fight off 35 other peace corps volunteers to use the 2 count them one. two. computers in the office. Hence, I will probably not be online for most of my time in San V. This is the official heads up to everyone that my emails and blog posts will be sporadic at best. 

Now as many of you may know... the first round was pretty rough emotionally, mentally, and physically. So during this time I will perform many feats of strengths and once I come out on top stronger than before I will most certainly be reconnecting with you all once more. 


As I always like to do, to keep the readers entertained, here are a few music selections. 


background info: The tradition of Peace Corps Volunteer CD mixes continues and this time around the theme is 



Boys/Girls Mix CD
(Guys pick a female artist and girls pick a male artist.
I've removed the names of the PCV for their protection and left only the song selections. 
  1.  Babe I'm gonna leave you, Led Zepplin
  1.  Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
  1. Haleluyah, Jeff Buckley
  1. Defying Gravity from musical wicked OR Jolene, Dolly Parton
  1. Haven't met you yet, Michael Buble OR Brandy Alexander, Ron Sexsmith
  1. Mercy, Duffy
  2. Carry on My Wayward Son, Kansas
  1. American Girl, Tom Petty
  1. Yeah, Usher
  2. Baby Got Back, Jonathan Coulton
  1. Chocolate, Jesse & Joy
  1. Camisa Negra, Juanes
  2. All Along the Watchtower, Jimi Hendrix
  3. Take a Minute, K'Naan
  4. I Made It, Kevin Rudolf
  5. Rebel Rebel, David Bowie
I agree with some, applaud others, shake my head at a couple and had to google the rest. 
To augment this list... Daniel Pato Hinkle and I emailed in our choices: 

First up is New Soul by Yael Naim (great choice Pato) and yes, I know I've posted this song before but its just so good and I found a great live version. 


I chose:  The Perfect Space by the Avett Borthers

No comments:

Post a Comment