18 May 2010

Hansel Kennedy

Dearest amigos and amigas who reside or will be residing in the beltway for the next 45 days. I would like to introduce you to my dear friend Clayton. Clayton who’s nom de plume is: Hansel Roger David pronounced: Dah-veed Angel-face Juan-Victorio Kennedy.
Why do I bring this man of the plume to your attention? Well because in the few months that I have had the honor of knowing this man I have grown to love and value his many attributes not only as a friend but also as a human being and fellow Peace Corps volunteer.   
Clayton is way cooler than me in so many ways which if you are lucky enough to get to know him you will find out. But you would have to be around him a whole bunch because this humble man is an onion. You must peel the layers off to reveal more and more. Fortunately for me we met in the Peace Corps and being placed in the same pueblo during training we were able to spend many hours on his host family’s front stoop conversing about our hopes, anxieties, aspirations, histories, loves, losses and unfortunately other topics such as all the things going in and going out of our bodies. But that last topic is a Peace Corps thing and I’m sure he would mind his manners once back state side.
This long homage does come with a specific end in mind. Clayton, in an effort to connect with his community, played soccer with the teenage boys a couple of weeks ago. During this very physical game Clayton, a very good soccer player, was crashed into by one of these young men at full force. This crash between the two resulted in Clayton’s ACL, meniscus, and then some being ripped apart. Clayton tomorrow morning will be flown to Washington DC to have surgery. After a week of bed rest he has informed me he will be very anxious to explore the city. He knows my affinity for this fine metropolitan and I have guaranteed a list of must see and must do’s complete with happy hours and top places to eat. Then I lamented how I wished I could be there with him to show him the city upon which I realized I have people THERE who rock my world and would love to meet another fantastic amigo 100% endorsed by moi. So this is my personal ad to all my friends… I’m talking to YOU Washingtonians. Contact me, to contact him.
(Clayton, I’m sure you are blushing and maybe even the watered down version of upset…since I could never imagine you upset. But I assure you… I have some seriously awesome friends in DC)
Here are the essentials:
Exhibit B: A photo of the two of us taken almost two weeks ago in San Salvador.

His nearest metro stop is Rosslyn.
And if I give any more info he might kill me.
Love you Clayton, and you better skype or email me as soon as you get out of surgery. Million besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment