18 May 2010

sneak preview

Here is a sneak preview of the new house Daniel and I moved into on Sunday night. 
Please note these are the "before" photos a-la-HGTV. . . In two weeks we would like to have the outside painted... mustard yellow






Our home. We are still not sure if that's the front or the side door. Also still in debate : what color to paint the door and the bars once the house is painted... 

Our covered porch... daniel and I planned on building our own but the owner of the house thought he would do us a "favor" and build it for us... there are some very questionable architectural decisions that were made during the construction of this structure. I'm not an architect but I know wire and hooks probably won't be strong enough to hold this thing together while I swing in a hammock. We are currently in talks with some other guys who are handy men who work at the hotel. This too will be getting some T.L.C. in the form of hanging plants and paint. 

 

The gate to our driveway. Its hard to see but under the right door there is a huge gap between the ground and the gate. This gate is not foolin anyone. Chickens and dogs are still able to crawl under the gate. This is being added to the "fix it" list. 



Our beautiful backyard. 
Compost, veggie and herb garden coming soon!




p.s. many have asked so I will report that I'm recovered from the scorpion bite :)

3 comments:

  1. My weekend retreat! I feel calmer just looking at it -- nicely done, you two. Hope there are still some fix-it-up projects left in a couple months-- I'd love to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home sweet home at last!

    Tu mami

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting, you two. Can't wait to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete