02 March 2012

stop. breath. now.

The new outlook near Jocoaitique Morazan


“Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there.”‘ -Eckhart Tolle

it is in my nature to think ahead into the future
one would think that I almost prefer to live in my thoughts of the future
all the while missing everything that is going on right. now.
I planned on serving in the peace corps for 3 years 
and now I'm going to cut out the last few months by living in my worried head about the future?
digo que no.
So...
I've been telling myself these days
stop.
breath.
now. 
right. now. 

It works until I get restless and start job searching
 or someone asks me
"what are you doing next?"
and I'm hard wired to answer with something
anything. 

but no.
stop.
breath.
now. 

its such a disservice to myself
to my community
and to the beautiful moments and experiences still left to savor here
now.


Beautiful Ruta de Paz Sun Set


No comments:

Post a Comment