27 February 2012

the show goes on


Here we have a monster remesa house that is being used by the ministry of tourism. And they are hosting an artisan fair for what was to be a group of 20+ Press people from the capital who cancelled at 7am when they were set to arrive at 10am. People from near and far hiked off their mountains, hitched rides, and organized to put on a nice event for the promotion of the region... The show went on w/out them.

Tanuna/corre camino (road runner) & the Lenca princess came out for the event


The corre camino dances with Sonia my artisan friend... this after I twirled my way out of the grips of the corre camino 

one of the traditional bands (Chanchonas)

I see youuuuuu

more music 

Carlos selling Cafe Prudencio

Checking out how the bee keepers stay safe

I really loved this bird... she was so sweet and hell of a personality

a free for all mad dash to snatch up some veggie, fruit, and flower seeds

I liked this little guy. But didn't take him home as I only had 1.50 to my name that day
I spent it on a chocolate donut and fruit cup
I think I made the right choice, I don't have that many keys anyway


plus a bonus photo of Lantis' puppy from her latest litter

No comments:

Post a Comment