23 March 2012

Despedidas = lots crying in your cake and dangerous time for chickens!

“The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be.” ~Robert Fulghum


Although I do enjoy a to-do list and crossing each line off, I alway enjoy taking a moment to breath and soak in the moment. This past week has been a week of soaking it all in. Cleaning out my room, finding things I forgot about, letters, note books with scribbles and old to-do lists. Many came to fruition and many did not. And that's okay. Also, with a slew of despedidas (farewell parties) I have been able to take in all the love and friendship that has grown over the past two years. Northern Morazan is not my volunteer site but my newest home filled with friends and family. 



Good Bye Hotel Lenca Crew
Thanks for taking such good care of me ALWAYS. 









Despedida BBQ w/ Association Members
Thanks for your dedication to developing tourism in the region
WITH the people 







Goodbye Colonia los Pinos...
and little baby Leo. 
(forgot to take a picture of the rest of the table.)
guess my mind was on the food and the babe. 








and check out hinkle's blog for fun photos from his big party last week. Tons of people from his community came out and lots of tears, lots of dead chickens, and gifts made of wood. They even gave me one... a wooden key chain that says el salvador and his host mom made sure we left with lots of left over chicken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment