19 April 2010

under the mango tree

It’s Monday and I had absolutely no motivation to peel myself out of bed.
I'm always cold in the mornings...a balmy 65 degrees gets me curled up into the fetal position in bed.
It’s pretty disgraceful.
But regardless, once up and with my usual beans, eggs, and fried banana breakfast in my belly I felt like I might have the strength to get myself into the bathing area and pour ice cold water over my head.

I go out, stand in the scorching Central American sun and warm up a bit. In less than 60 seconds my skin starts to feel like its baking which signals to me its time to pour some ice cold water on me (insert melody of Def Leppard's Pour some sugar on me).

Aaahhh!! The first one's always the coldest. The trick is to pour at least two more guacals full of water over my head at rapid-fire speed to get my skin and senses over the shock.

Here are the photos of my new bathing area I mentioned in an earlier post.
please note the foliage in the background, I bathe under a mango tree...and off on stage right, are a couple banana trees and palm trees. That's the up side of this cold awakening each day.


CURRENT STATUS: Bathed and very awake, but still might go for some coffee (black w/sugar)

1 comment:

  1. Wow....this post sure brings back some memories for me.

    ReplyDelete