04 April 2010

cumpleaños salvador style...

cumpleaños with Salvadorian flava'


My gracious host mother made me pancakes for breakfast. (pronounced: Pan.cake.ez)
then they sang las mañanitas (the spanish version of happy birthday) 
 
I was so moved that I started to cry on my pancakez.
 
Then I walked down to the main street to head up to meet my friend Daneil el Pato Hinkle and while waiting for a pickup truck (the region's best form of public tranportation) Selena's famous Bidi Bidi Bom Bom began to blare from the pupusaria stand. For everyone's enjoyment I've added this wonderful video ...




*
*
*
30 min. later I arrive to the office where el Pato is waiting for me with a huge hug and flowers. What a gem of a friend el Pato is. Here is a photo with my Easter Birthday flowers. 

*
*
*

Then.... I was so lucky as to catch a big chunk of my familia on skype. sooo wonderful to talk to my tias, primos, mom and abuelita who I love vedy vedy mucho. 

then... I opened up my email and found tons of birthday love in my inbox. That coupled with some love via text added up to a very happy morning. 

Now my new lovely friend Julie has come up to the lodge to have lunch with Daniel and I. 

*
*
*
cheesecake and pilsener for dessert...

current status: a very Feliz cumpleaños

No comments:

Post a Comment