28 December 2010

p.s.

Daniel and I walked up to the pueblo to find where to pay our electric bill 
turns out its at one of the many corner stores. We go up to the gated door. 
HOOOOLLLAAAAAA! 
out pops a little girl of around 8 years. 
She very politely asks how she may help us. 
we hand over the bill
she inspects it
reads us the total
we pay
she stamps and gives us back the stub
Completely Legitimate businesses transaction. 


Ejemplo of awesomeness numero dos: 


I have a handful of letters to mail out 
walk into the mayor's office where the mailman Mario can be found. 
they inform me that he is on vacation until the 3rd.
I walk out a little bummed and decided to go check out the artesian stand next to the mayor's office. 
purchase a candle and earrings made of wood and what do you know Mario walks by. 
He is on vacation. 
But once I tell him I was looking for him to send out some letters he asks for them and says he can do it.
Um AWESOME. thanks Mario! 


I just wanted to share these two examples of why I love El Salvador. I truly believe that neither would have ever happened in the states. Its a Christmas Miracle! 


love and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment