14 December 2010

The latest.

Yesterday was a major work day. 
phone calls, emails, 
printed invites, distributed invites for Wed and Thurs Prep class for Eng 4 Tourism Course that starts in January. 
I will be meeting a group of students in Gotera (the capital of Morazan) on Wednesday 
then on Thurs the other group of students who live around Perquin. 
*fingers crossed* for a good turnout. 


I'll sign up all the students
give them entrance exams to track growth and better understand who we are reaching
give basic tourism and english 4 tourism info. 


OH yeah... and I got stung by a bee IN. THE. FACE! 
Thank goodness I had Nurse Daniel to make a pink paste out of benadryl. 
lucky for me I'm not too alergic. 


so now I have during my tenure obtained: 
A scorpion sting (knuckle)
yellow jacket sting (heel)
& bee sting (FACE just below my right eye)
along with attacks by fire ants (all over my lower right leg)
& a small albino frog attack (leapt onto my head) which resulted in a broken camera lens


Also, last week I skinned my other knee trying the kill a bat/moth. (the first skinned knee was during a volleyball game against the local cops) anywho, last week in the middle of the night I awoke to the sound of this huge bat like moth on the wall above the door. I had to do a Michael Jordan leap up to kill it with a sandal. It didn't die right away so I did a push off the wall with my foot to get away quick and in the process fell. hard. 
Said frog.
only moments before he got pissed at me for photographing him.
**No photographic evidence exists of the moth/bat. But trust me when I say it was HUGE. The body the size of a hummingbird and wings of a moth. odd little beast. **



Current Status: not exactly feeling "one with nature"

No comments:

Post a Comment