01 December 2010

Oasis in Salvador

tucked away just outside of San Salvador is this lovely home
Candy and her late husband Don Bryan built

this oasis was carefully crafted piece by peice
from the layout,
to the decorations
collected over decades of travel around the world

i count myself lucky to have met Candy and been invited to this oasis for some R&R
my second visit was this last turkey day weekend
here are some photos

8 yr old turkey named Shakira
the kids in the community had a contest to name her
those hips don't lie

sir pax

love this photo



sous-chef erica

head chef after the indian feast


candy's garden growing yummy veggies


my fav in her vast garden of flowers and plants


1 comment:

  1. Hello -
    My name is Amanda and I am on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ, a non-profit organization, as a graphic designer. While looking for inspiration for a website I'm creating I stumbled upon the first photo (of the pink building in El Salvador) in your "Oasis in Salvador" blog post. The website is meant to encourage college students to travel abroad - one of the locations being El Salvador. Would it be possible to have your permission to use this photo in my website to promote this country?

    Feel free to email me at: anbridgeman@gmail.com

    Thanks, Amanda

    ReplyDelete