01 December 2010

Alex graduates

Alex graduated last weekend from 9th grade
He will be going into High school next January.
I snapped some photos, took a couple videos with eyes welled with pride.
Proud of my host brother and his continuation in school 
when many in the region don’t make it this far
Proud of my strong and inspiring host mother who raised such wonderful children, 
gives to her family members freely and took me in with open arms as a green volunteer
Proud that I now have a tie to such a wonderful family 






the ceremony is super long
procession of graduates with their names along with their "date" 
which was his sister Yanery
others take their mothers, fathers, cousins, and the ever mysterious "friend" 

Then after all 85 students and their dates comes
a catholic mass
followed by long speeches by the different table of honor people 
finally the diplomas, handshakes, and photos





No comments:

Post a Comment