14 September 2010

If there is a good busy this is IT. 
Independence day is tomorrow. This means a busy time for the area and my tourism association. 
The association is planning events this Saturday and Sunday near the revolutionary museum. 

Last week I went with members of the tourism association to met with various Mayors in the area. 
We were asking them to put together an 8 person relay team. Our region known as the "Ruta de Paz" or Road of Peace starts at a river roughly 18 km south of Perquin (where I live at the top of the mountain). 
The first runner starts there with a bag...then when he gets to the exchange point he passes the bag and the next runner puts in a trinket. These trinkets, 7 in total, in some way symbolize the region.  So the winners will have the pride of being the best municipality in the region as well as a small cash prize and free lunch at the festival near the museum. 
Last night we had a meeting to tie up the last minute logistics and decided on selling party-favor bags and snacks to generate funds for the organization. Tomorrow I"ll be helping put together these bags ... all 200 of them. Today, I went via pick-up truck around the region dropping off fliers with the weekend's programed events. Then on Thursday I'll be heading down with a few association representatives for an interview with a television station. Promotion Promotion Promotion... and I my dear friends will not even be here to see the fruits of all the labor. 
Because Friday very early in the morning I'll be picked up by a cab and taken to the airport. 

I will be in beautiful Belize for 10 glorious days! 

zip lining
snorkeling
cave exploring
dancing to reggae
fruit blended drinks
white sand between my toes
reading trashy american gossip mags
the smell of tropical sunscreen in the air
waking up and jammin to my "Rad beach playlist"
falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean 
photographing
spa perhaps?

and the cherry on top
 hanging with my bff... Mz Alexandra i'm a hot mama Atha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment