02 February 2010

K.C.'s Last Stand in the U.S.A.

Of course I woke up at 6am...a full two hours before my alarm was set to jolt me out of dreamland. Alas the day has come...three years in the making... where its time to take up my bags and officially enlist in the Peace Corps. Staging, then Pre-Service Training and then out to the real deal of peace corping it up.
I'm really excited for this adventure but the last three month of goodbyes first in Denver, then Iowa and finally now here in DC has reaffirmed that I have an enormous, strong, loving base of support here in the states. I'm so blessed to be able to go out into the world sometimes feeling alone and scared but all the time knowing I have an extensive body of marvelous people who I can tap into at any time who will refuel me when I feel like I'm sputtering out. Thanks everyone for showing me your love and putting aside time to send me off on my new adventure.
I will try to keep everyone updated here on my blog about treking through the jungle up a volcano with a machete eating mangos and pupusas.... but the first few days I may not have access to internet so hang in there with me. 

Until then please enjoy CCR's Proud Mary :) Rollin' Rollin'

No comments:

Post a Comment