04 February 2010

its the little things

1. running water in the hotel = shower before bed tonight  woo hoo!

2. INTERNET wifi at hotel tonight as well...amazing what a difference a day makes

3. my first in country pupusas mmmm...

4. Spanish placement interview (yikes was I nervous) but I think I made the cut to be in the "able to conjugate" group.(glad the gringos didn't put me to shame too much) I had to give a mock speech to my local community on the topic of education for girls and why it is important. Not only did I have a sudden wave of passion for this topic bubble up inside me but it killed me to not have the necessary vocabulary to convey my point. If you know me at all, you know how hard that was for me. Hence my speech was all of about 60 seconds. At the end, my interviewer said "are you done?" oops you want more? 

5. Typhoid shot. ouchy...in the same exact spot as the H1N1 shot that had been plunged into the fatty part of my upper tricep area yesterday.

6. I'm on Chloroquine (aka Malaria pills): may cause diarrhea, difficulty in seeing to read (good thing I have laser vision in one eye!), nausea, cramps, and some crazy vivid dreams. oh and we can't donate our blood for 3 years after I discontinue the use...noooo not toxic at all.

7. We split up into our program groups. My program is  Community Organization & Economic Development (COED) and as luck would have it...our group pretty much rocks. This pleases me very much.

Current Status: two thumbs up 

No comments:

Post a Comment