27 March 2014

irreducible to language



It's no secret I LOVE me some TED. Whether its their videos, websites, articles, podcasts... i just can't get enough. And typically they truly are "ideas worth spreading" as their motto proclaims. And through the years I've shared many videos on this platform.

So when my dear friend Mama Ellie Elloise Ellington Stephens posted a TEDactive blog entry written by her brother Joe Stephens (Who I've never met but the Stephens family fame proceeds it!) I quickly clicked and opened in a new tab. What I found written was beautiful. Below is the link to the full article. And an excerpt I enjoyed.
Reflecting on all the wonderful experiences in my life I can smile and be glad, laugh, maybe even cry. But put into words? words that give it justice? That convey's what I feel... yeah. right.

My bff of the Stephens Clan and I in Xela, Guatemala

>>>  An Experience Beyond Words : by Joe Stephens

"The beauty of emotion, sometimes, is how irreducible it is to language. That’s why people place hands over hearts when they talk about love. It’s why they sometimes shake their head, gaze up, and use their hands when they search for the right way to describe something." 


No comments:

Post a Comment