20 January 2012

jump!

“Trust your own instinct. 
Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.”  
-Billy Wilder



The one scary as shit,
I don't wanna do it,
out of my comfort-zone
thing that I did this year 
The last thing the tour-guide said was "try now to land right on-top of a ray or shark"
Um... good advice
When I finally jumped out of the boat I landed on a sting ray
yeah, it would happen to me.
But they were everywhere, it was impossible to avoid it
the ray slithered on my back and shoulder and then swam off
I stayed far away from the sharks and sting rays after that

But then later... I got a little friendly
and I'm so glad I did.


I hope I never stop jumping out of my comfort zone
and so as I plan my next steps 
I try to keep this in mind


current status: pondering my next move after peace corps

1 comment: