21 November 2011

Festival and host Family

Walking up to the Pueblo of Perquin,
Please note new banner over the road to advertise the festival


Dad by one of the many murals in Perquin






Tasting some Pinol de Gallina India which is
the soup you see above with a piece of free range chicken ploped in


Some traditional Chanchona music


you can't tell, but this guy had green strings... I liked that.


Today was the contest for the Best Pinol de Gallina India
and this lady second from the right won the grand prize,
I think it was something like $50 bucks. 


Musica Andina 


Dad playing soccar with my lil host brother Christian


Lunch, Soup with chicken killed that day for my dad's visit 


Christian and Diana posing with dad too cute. look how sweaty Christian is! 

1 comment:

  1. All the photos of your dad's visit are so great!

    See you for thanksgiving/gastronomical indulgence day. And I hope there will be boxed wine and dancing aplenty.
    :)

    ReplyDelete