08 July 2011

in place

Things are falling into place just in time for the Doctors and Students to arrive on Sunday


I have the Transport almost lined up (meetings tomorrow morning with the drivers to review final dates, times and locations)


Moreover, another relief and reinforcement that this culture is all about getting out there and being present:
Talking to a neighbor after a meeting we begin to chat while she waits for her chicharrones and yuca... she asks how its going with me and work... I share that I'm frustrated looking for tents/camping gear... she says, Oh I have three tents I can rent to you.
Oooo... how much i ask with one ojo closed waiting for some crazy price...
8 bucks each! phew.
She signed me up.


And tonight a little teatro up at the Casa de Joventude in Perquin


I don't know why but I'm always so pleasantly surprised by how everything works out at the last nail bitting moment here in El Salvador. It's the best and worst trait about my work here. Everything is possible... even more so if you don't plan it. makes no freaking sense. at least to this gringa.

No comments:

Post a Comment