20 June 2010

Padre

Cheers to you Daddio on a day that makes me think of the time when...


you took me to buy my ballet shoes


you taught me to drive a stick 


you dressed up as a punk rocker and took me trick or treating


you didn't get mad at me when I backed your car into the lake while trying to drop in the jet ski 


you came to OUR college town, Iowa City, on my 21st birthday and bought me a shot 


you taught me that helping a family member, a friend, a neighbor, or a stranger when its within our power to do so is an obligation 


you taught me how to be Punny


you taught me the beauty of acoustic guitar


We rocked the beer tours by day and the live music and shuffle board by night in the Mile High






and most of all you taught me that you're never too old to follow your heart's desire, even if it's as simple as hopping a bike and cruising around downtown after a scrumptious dinner.


Love you dad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment