10 March 2009

Olive Tree Planting

Last month I went to plant olive trees in the west bank with an organization "Rabbis for Human rights". I never posted about it but while looking over all my photos I decided this is something that has been a symbolic highlight. The olive tree is a symbol of Peace. We (Israelis, Palestinians, Internationals) were planting "peace" one tree at a time in the West Bank with Rabbis. I don't think I have to spell it out, it reeks of symbolism, but truly it was an experience that when I think back on it, I can see it perfectly summarizes my hopes and dreams for the future of this land and people. And I hope that I can in some way contribute to a better future for the people of this land like the little trees we planted. Peace in the Middle East my friends. peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment