11 March 2009

hoping for smooth sailin'


I have already made my way to Tel Aviv for a weekend but tonight I have to head that way once again so that I can be first in line at the Egyptian Embassy tomorrow morning. Well first I have to find a place where I can obtain a passport sized photo of myself to attach to my visa application theeeeennnn head to the embassy. Turn in my app. wait till 2pm and hopefully pick my visa up with no problem. I of course am anticipating the worst so I have all my fingers and toes crossed because, if this whole visa thing doesn't work out thurs. its got to wait till Sunday. This would obviously mess up our time table so please send me all your prayers and good luck vibes. I'll need it.

Then once the Egyptians figure we are harmless and can travel in thier country, we will head down to the southern tip of Israel, cross the border to Egypt via the Taba crossing and catch the first bus to Cairo. I'll see you on the flip side. But while you wait, please enjoy the following photos from my first trip to Tel Aviv and Jaffa a couple of months ago.




surfs up
.
.
.

walking along the beach between Tel Aviv and Jaffa
.
.
.

little street in Jaffa
.
.
.


church in Jaffa
.
.
.


fishing boats at port in Jaffa
.
.
.


not sure but it looks tasty
.
.
.

show for the little kiddies and the big ones :)
.
.
.


Market Near the Port

Retro
.
.
.

saw this on the walk back to Tel Aviv from Jaffa area
I kind of liked it
.
.
.

while having dinner and drinks on the beach this guy was near us playing guitar
pretty nice day overall

3 comments:

  1. Tell me you bought those boots! Okay, so I am going to hire you to photography my life in Amman. I won't pay you much, but I will cook you dinner every now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, photography, bleh. I'm stupid sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No boots Tara but not sure they would have fit my Sasquatch feet. But I would love to photograph your life in Amman. I'll hopefully be near there in 6-9months for Peace Corps. *fingers crosses*

    ReplyDelete