14 April 2013

Birthday Variations


I love facebook because it reminds me when a friend has a birthday and of course it reminds all my friends when my birthday is as well... but the downside to this is that you get SO MANY birthday wishes and sometimes the well wishes get burried until we find time after our big day to review them all... believe me, I'm not complaining because I just ran across this gem that was posted to my wall on my big day and i LOVE. LOVE. LOVED it so much. 

The video shows Zubin Mehta, an indian Parsi conductor of western classical music doing a series of classical variations on the "Happy Birthday" song. 
Rendering it how Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Vienna, Now Orleans etc.... would have done it. 
I play the violin, so maybe I'm bias. But I think its pretty sweet. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment