21 February 2011

morning after memories


Feb 4th 

I roll around in my bed full of sand. 
Get up. 
Put on flip-flops that I promptly recognize are not my own, but rather, shaped by a different foot.

I flashback to last night and realize they are Clayton’s.
having the same make model and size of havaianas we decided to switch…just to walk in each other’s shoes for a bit … duh. Very solid idea after many vodka somethings and cervezas washed down with pizza.

I have another flashback… perhaps my favorite one from last night:
 I watch the sunset slowly behind the ocean thru the net while playing beach volleyball with locals and my fellow peace corps amigos, listening to the waves crash against the mammoth rock they named the playa Tunco after (meaning pig)… and stealing glimpses of the silhouettes of surfers catching their last waves of the day. They look like they are almost dancing out there.

One year baby. And one more to go!

(stolen from my journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment