22 August 2010

my wild kingdom

Coffee Beans


Things I love here in el Salvador: 

falling asleep to rain

The palm tree in my yard. 

the flowering tree outside my door that always attracts humming birds

Ability to paint my house like a box of crayons. 
My tropical bathing area. 

A simple cell phone. 

Subsidized electric bills. 

Exotic birds singing. 

Beans for breakfast. 

Fresh bananas and coffee

Slow pace and time to read. 

The rhythm of drums in the distance. 

Cool mornings

The safety of my mosquito net.

Texting “Premio” to 5656. 

Realizing its triple saldo. 

Conversations outside my window. 

Chshh chshh to animals and people. 

Pointing with my lips. 

Vendors of all kinds in my neighborhood

these broad leaves are super rad 


I've only added this photo but I have about 100 others almost like this. Something about the plant and the moss fascinated me one sunny afternoon
this dude and his amigos have made many cozy webs around our house
friend in my bedroom
Daniel and I ran around like chickens with our heads cut off once this big boy was spotted.
It was fun. 
gettin some of that sweet nector
paint. paint. and more paint. We are NOT afraid of color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment