16 January 2009

Mahane Yehuda


Mahaneh Yehuda Market
We took the bus from our dorms down to the city center then walked over to the market. We knew right away that we had arrived due to the huge crowds of people. The market was filled with tourists and locals stocking up for Shabbat. This market had everything from fruits, nuts, fish, meats and clothes. The hustle and bustle was really exciting. I bought some oranges and some pastries. Its open everyday and once my internship starts I'll be much closer and I'm sure I'll get to know this area much better. For now I was in awe and snapped some photos.

Spicy!



Mmmmmm Halva!
The picture below is of a delectable confection called Halva. It looks a little like cheese from the picture but a guy was offering samples of a coffee flavored halva and it was sweet bliss. I decided that this would be the gift I would be bringing home to everyone. Get ready for a treat!




Almonds, Dates, dried Papaya and Figs Oh My!

No comments:

Post a Comment